Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am now embarking on a new photography career after 10 years as a staff photographer at the San Francisco Examiner and later what became the San Francisco Chronicle. The Chronicle bought the Examiner in 2000 and all staff on both papers became the new San Francisco Chronicle.

A great photographer and friend of mine who worked at the Examiner for many years and who left the Chronicle after the merger, said about his best years as a photojournalist, "I never knew what I had in those days."

Looking back I guess we all feel that way. It's an end of an era for me personally and an end of an era for newspapers in general right now.

Here are two photos that span my career from 1997 (when I started at the Examiner) to my last daily photo taken in 2007. I've always loved the game of baseball and I guess it showed in my work.

No comments: